Want a quick meal to eat while relaxing in front of the TV on your best rated recliner? Here’s a quick and easy recipe for you to do with your leftover smoked ribs! To make this recipe easier, make sure you have your stand-by ingredients ready. Salsa, cheese, and frozen corn and vegetables will make your preparations quick and easy.
Total Cooking time: 25 minutes makes 6 servings
- olive oil (2 tbsp)
- onion (chopped)
- jalapeno chili (minced)
- Ground pepper
- White button mushrooms (10 ounces, sliced)
- Smoked rib meat (2 ½ pounds, shredded)
- Frozen corn kernels (10 ounces)
- Green salsa (1 cup)
- Flour tortillas (10-inch)
- Spinach (3 cups)
- Cheese (5 ounces, crumbled)
- Heat the oil using a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onions and jalapeno for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Add mushrooms. Cover the pan and let it cook for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms release the liquid. Uncover and stir for another 5 minutes or until pan is dry.
- Add the corn, smoked rib meat, and salsa. Stir and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the mixture is thoroughly heated and saucy.
- Heat the tortilla according to instructions on the package. Once heated we can assemble the burrito.
- In the center of the tortilla layer the spinach, rib mixture, and cheese.
- Wrap the tortilla. Fold the side nearest to you over the filling. Fold the sides towards the center, and then roll it up.
- Serve with extra salsa. Turn on the TV set, lean back, and enjoy!